By default, Huawei and Honor phones do not allow all apps to run when the phone is locked and / or sleeping. In our case, we want the app to keep emitting your location even when the screen is off!
Warning! EMUI (Huawei's user interface) settings differ from one version to another. You can check your version by going to Settings> System> About Phone or Settings > About Phone.
- Open the global phone settings and tap on "Applications":
- Then go to "Advanced settings".
- Click on "Ignore battery optimizations".
- Tap on "Allowed" and then choose "All applications" in the popup window.
- Finally, locate the "Dotvision Motion" app, click on it, select "Allow" and click Ok.
- Head to the global phone settings and select "Apps":
- Then click on the Settings button at the bottom.
- Select "Special access".
- Continue to "Ignore battery optimization".
- Click on "Allowed" on the top of the screen then choose "All apps".
- Locate the "Dotvision Motion" app, click on it, select "Allow" and click Ok.
- Head to the global phone settings and select "Battery".
- Select "Launch",
- Select the DotVision Motion app, and make sure all options are enabled, as shown below:
Well done, you can now enjoy our GPS tracking services!